I offer business coaching for self-employed and freelance professionals based on lived experience as a freelancer and an extensive career in client management and product development. I’m great at helping you get out of your own head and over the hurdles you face in business. Client wrangling, putting processes in place, defeating negative self-talk and removing the cringe often associated with marketing your business is all part of what I offer. I also help work through business processes, advise on the customer service and client side of freelance business to help streamline your client-based relationships.
What I can help with
- If you aren’t sure what your business stands for re: niche, personality, offerings and/or marketing and want to refocus
- Tiger taming difficult clients is an area of weakness for you
- If you feel you are at risk of prolonged stress leading to burn out and want to disrupt the cycle before you get there
- If you have a cool new idea for a product, course, service etc but you are unsure where to start; have started with your product/service and hit a roadblock and/or not gaining traction
- If you’ve got too many ideas and not sure which one to execute; feel like your marketing sucks balls
I come from a strong background of product development and marketing prior to freelancing with a high focus on community-building, product launch and developing business from scratch. Combining the freelance experience with my marketing and product side is a love and talent of mine.
Business coaching is something I have gotten into after decades of training others and working on product launches across Australia, Asia and North America. Having spent the last 8 years as a freelancer and almost as many helping freelancers through their difficulties via the Freelance Jungle, I’m well versed in solving freelance specific issues.
I am the founder the Freelance Jungle, a community designed to support Australian freelancers. The Freelance Jungle aims to end the isolation inherent in self-employment, remind freelancers that stress has a productivity cost and raise the knowledge bar.
Prior to freelance life, I worked for a leading Asian agency in below-the-line marketing. That’s after starting my career in the original community sector, electronic dating.
Business coaching in this area is a natural extension to the experience I have had both as freelancer and agency-side and client-side.
I am a fully trained and certified Crisis Supporter for Lifeline Australia, including crisis management and ASIST suicide intervention. I spent 12 months in a joint COSBA and Beyond Blue work group tasked to improve the mental health outcomes of Australian small business. And am an Assistance Dogs Australia relief carer. When I’m not talking business and stress reduction, she’s exploring the wonders of Wollongong and the Illawarra with her two dogs.
Where to find me