As end of life care practitioners and death doulas, we have a unique ability to plumb the depths many shy away from. Our problem is usually that we suck at marketing ourselves.
By having a sustainable business, you’re electing to:
- Create a business that is in this field for the long haul. You want to help as many people as you can through ensuring your business pays its way
- Use growth as a tool to provide opportunity. For example, you may provide paid services to some to help offset costs for the less fortunate. Or you may have income from one area to help pay for free or low cost offerings of a different kind
- Embrace marketing as a way of improving death literacy and fly the flag for death doulas and end of life care everywhere
- Find your own voice and share your story in an intimate way to attract the clients you’re best suited to
SO WHAT IS INVOLVED IN THIS MARKETING COURSE?
We’ll spend a day together crafting your pitch, checking out the avenues for marketing and getting through the process of business marketing basics.
This will include:
- How to market yourself without feeling like a jerk
- Learning the standards and regulations set down by the medical writers association and industry standards when producing marketing material
- Crafting your business voice
- Investigating and identifying channels for your marketing such as websites, blogging, social media and more
- Carving out your network for further marketing support and areas of interest
You will also receive the opportunity to:
- Join the Freelance Jungle, a community for self employed people and small business owners for information sharing and networking
- Continue on for further in depth studies in marketing with me at a 20% discount
- Take advantage of business coaching